Bamboo clothing is similar to the softness of silk. Unlike many of the other fabrics, bamboo is extremely breathable. The natural bamboo plant keeps itself cool in the heat and like its other properties, is also maintained in its fabric form. The cross-section of the bamboo fiber is covered with micro-gaps giving the fabric better moisture absorption and ventilation. As a result, it is able to keep the wearer almost two degrees cooler in the heat and noticeably warmer in the cold. The fabric is also "anti static and UV protective as it cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays" providing the wearer with another beneficial quality from bamboo made clothing.
Bamboo clothing is an extremely resilient and durable option. At the same time, it can feel beautifully soft and pleasant to the touch. When compared in studies to cotton and polyester, it has been found it can be stronger, have better moisture wicking properties and better moisture absorption than the more commonplace Western materials.
Features of Bamboo clothing
- Bamboo clothing is supremely soft, silky and luxurious to the touch
- The eco-friendly fibres in the clothing do not irritate the skin. Gentler than many man made fibres, it is a natural solution for those with sensitive skin.
- It's breathable and thermo-regulating – stay comfortable whatever the weather. It will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- It is more absorbent than cotton which helps to wick moisture away from the skin.
- UV protective – Protect you and your loved ones from the sun’s rays
- Biodegradable is another feature – A greener material that will simply return to the Earth.
Here at From Zion, we take great pride in ensuring we use the highest quality materials to create our clothing. In fact, all our clothing is made for certified organic bamboo. So be sure to check out our website if you want to experience the benefits of bamboo.